Replace Hall sensor to a wireless power on switch

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
happytriger2000

Replace Hall sensor to a wireless power on switch

Post by happytriger2000 »

Has anyone replace the hall sensor to a switch?. I'm thiking of replacing the hall sensor on the SpokePOV to a switch. From the Spokepov schematic the hall sensor has 3 pins: sensor power, Ground and sensor in, can anyone tell me how to modify this hall sensor to a switch activated mode?, so when ever I press a button/switch, the image appears in the wheels.

Thanks,

teedeeus

Re: Replace Hall sensor to a wireless power on switch

Post by teedeeus »

happytriger2000 wrote:Has anyone replace the hall sensor to a switch?. I'm thiking of replacing the hall sensor on the SpokePOV to a switch. From the Spokepov schematic the hall sensor has 3 pins: sensor power, Ground and sensor in, can anyone tell me how to modify this hall sensor to a switch activated mode?, so when ever I press a button/switch, the image appears in the wheels.

Thanks,
Hi,
You don't want to mess with the hall effect sensor. It is what this kit uses to detect the speed of the spinning wheel. If you replace it with a switch, it will no longer work to display images in the wheel.

Rampart

Post by Rampart »

I am successfully using "magnetically operated sealed switch" (reed contact) instead of hall sensor
It works fine :) just soft clicking can be heard

vvs

Post by vvs »

...replacement of Hall sensor.Works successfully.

sparr

Post by sparr »

As we are using it, the hall effect sensor just shorts two of its three pins when the magnet goes by. Any sensor that produces a short at the appropriate time could be used, including a magnetic reed switch. The same goes for mercury or ball-tilt switches on the minipov.

kayrock66

Post by kayrock66 »

Remove the Hall sensor and put the switch across the ground and signal connection.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”