Building wx SpokePOV in Visual Studio 2008

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
possejdawg

Building wx SpokePOV in Visual Studio 2008

Post by possejdawg »

I have been trying to build the wxSpokePOV software for some time now, and have thus far been unsuccessful.
I am using Visual Studio 2008, wxWidgets 2.8.10, and am getting a lot of errors such as:

Error 5 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ac_cfg.h': No such file or directory c:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\spokePOV\spokePC\par.cpp 22 spokepov

Error 6 error C2504: 'wxDialog' : base class undefined c:\documents and settings\user\my documents\spokepov\spokepc\imagemessagebox.h 1 spokepov

Error 8 error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall ImageMessageBox::* )(wxCommandEvent &)' to 'wxCommandEventFunction' c:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\spokePOV\spokePC\imagemessagebox.cpp 7 spokepov

Error 16 error C3861: 'SetReturnCode': identifier not found c:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\spokePOV\spokePC\imagemessagebox.cpp 18 spokepov

Is there a specific version of wxWidgets I should be using, or a specific sourceforge repository? I'm getting all my files from: http://spokepov.cvs.sourceforge.net/vie ... ov/wxsoft/

I'll keep looking to try and find the issue, but if anyone has any ideas, that would be greatly appreciated and helpful.

Alternatively, what are you guys using to build the app? cygwin with gcc? Thanks.

adafruit

Re: Building wx SpokePOV in Visual Studio 2008

Post by adafruit »

i used cywin+gcc to compile it

bokinhvan

Post by bokinhvan »

Dear adafruit!
Could you show me step by step to build wx SpokePOV in cygwin? I can't build it. Thanks very much !

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

all the source code is available, there is no tutorial for compiling it

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”