Bug???

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ADZ

Bug???

Post by ADZ »

I recently purchased a spokepov as a platform to start experimenting in avr's. The kit worked as it should, however as I purchased it to lean avr's I pulled the attiny out and played with different code following the sparkfun tut on avr's. Everything worked great with the exception of the serial printf tut, however Im sure it is a timing problem of some sort. Long story short I wanted to re-assemble and use my spokepov when I ran into what seems to be a problem with the micro writing to or reading from the eeprom. With the rotation offset set at 255 i show 32 image banks, if rotation offset is at any other value I show no image banks at all. My first suspicion was a faulty eeprom however using a basic stamp I have been able to verify that the eeprom both writes and reads correctly throughout all adresses. However in the spoke writing any image results in 0xff writen to all locations. any ideas?

And just to verify are the correct fuse settings hfuse 0x9D lfuse 0xE4??

I would love to get my spoke working again, thanks!

adafruit

Re: Bug???

Post by adafruit »

ADZ

Post by ADZ »

I have downloaded and tried the original firmware and the blinky firmware both with the same results, I have also verified the fuse settings against the make file. I guess I was not being specific enough. Upon connecting to the spokepov software I show either 32 image banks with the rotation offset at 255 or no banks at all with the rotation offset at any other value. Reading any bank results in an all red wheel image. Writing to a bank has no effect at all.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

huh, not sure. are you using the straight-up kit?

ADZ

Post by ADZ »

Yup

vvs

Post by vvs »

I had an alike problem.I found the bad contact of EEPROM

danibilabibah

Post by danibilabibah »

how it can change the firmware from the original to the blinky firmware? it looks like great stuff huh?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”