Counterweight for spokePOV

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ugly computer

Counterweight for spokePOV

Post by ugly computer »

I've got a SpokePOV on loan and am wondering if someone could weigh theirs so i can make myself a counterweight.
i do not want to undo the ziptie job, but the pull of the device is mildly affecting the ride.

single use batteries or rechargeables, but let me know which and whether, i guess

sparr

Re: Counterweight for spokePOV

Post by sparr »

If your bike has reasonably good bearings then you can just guess the weight and make adjustments to the counterweight placement*. Ideally you want something about half the weight of the spokepov, positioned at the outer end of the spoke opposite the spokepov. I've found 3/4 of a "normal" roll of electrical tape to be about right. A few lead fishing weights would also be a great option.

* - Even if you had the exact weight, getting the balance right would still come down to precisely adjusting the placement of the counterweight, so why bother getting the weight exact when it won't really matter.

kayrock66

Post by kayrock66 »

I think the best counterweight is another SpokePOV. I don't think the effect is strong enough with just one unit.

vvs

Post by vvs »

...if from one side of wheel to set one SPOKEPOV without batteries, and on other side to fasten two batteries of АА, there will be good ballans.But two devices of SPOKEPOV much better, for ballans, and for a visual effect :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”