one of 3 mirrored

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chrisbe

one of 3 mirrored

Post by chrisbe »

Hello!

I recently purchased and installed my spoke POV and discovered a strange Problem with it. One of the 3 boards seems to mirror the image. I tried to isolate the problem:
1. I checked the whole board very closely. Everything seems to be assembled right and no "cold" soldering joints.
2. It's not the software. I changed eeprom between boards. As far as i know this is the place where image patterns are stored. The problem remains with this particular board.
3. My suspicion went to the microcontroller. I took one from a good board an *täteretää* it works as it should. Image is displayed correctly and not mirrored.
Reverse: the "mirrored" microcontroller generates the false image no matter which board i clip it in.

Is it a bug in the microcontroller? (seems to me)
Do you have any ideas how i can fix this problem?

Thanks
Chris

adafruit

Re: one of 3 mirrored

Post by adafruit »

'mirroring' is stored in the microcontroller. so connect with the dongle and see if one has the box checked/unchecked

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

'mirroring' is stored in the microcontroller. so connect with the dongle and see if one has the box checked/unchecked

tkuzeja

Post by tkuzeja »

I recently completed my SpokePOVs and find that I have this exact problem... one out of the three displays the pattern in reverse. I've assured that "Don't mirror" is selected in the software and when I read back from each device, "Don't mirror" is set in the combo box yet this one board displays its pattern mirrored.

Any suggestions as to how to debug this problem?

Thanks!
-Tom

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”