driver

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ethan073

driver

Post by ethan073 »

I'm confused at what i'm suppose to do to program SpokePOV. i think the driver is not installed.
I built the USB dongle and the lights come on when i plug it into my WinXP computer. I went to http://www.ladyada.net/make/spokepov/download.html and downloaded the USB Driver link. However, i can't figure out how to install the driver, or where i need to relocate the files, to get them to work. i've tried downloading the usbtinyisp driver v1.12 and i get the same thing - a folder with a few files in it none of which can be opened or installed.

I installed wxspokePOV and configured USB as the port type. the Port option in Config menu is ghosted out. When i run a port test i get an error message Failed to Open The Port. I've tested the comm delay. It is currently sitting at 5000.

The best i can figure is the driver is not installed and thats why SpokePOV software cannot find the usb port. What am i suppose to do after downloading the driver folder?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: driver

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Does your computer recognize that a device has been plugged in? It will usually ask you if you want to install a driver. You will then have the option to select the downloaded folder as the source for the driver to install.

ethan073

Post by ethan073 »

yes my computer recognizes an unknown device being plugged in. "USB Device Not Recognized: One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." i tried to manually select the driver folder as the source, but it did not work. it goes on as if it didn't see any drivers in the folder.

the green light comes on the dongle when i plug it into the computer.

richms

Post by richms »

That message means the device didnt complete the USB handshake properly, like only one data wire is connected or similar. Check your connections to it and the cable because it should get an unknown device and prompt you to tell it where the files are.

ethan073

Post by ethan073 »

i opened the dongle up and found the micro-controller's connection wasn't solid. i've secured it and it is now being recognized by the computer. Thanks a lot for the help, sorry i'm new at this!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”