Custom PCB design - Outdated schematic

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sdobz

Custom PCB design - Outdated schematic

Post by sdobz »

For my Electronics Manufacturing class I am required to design my own PCB from a schematic. I chose the SpokePOV, because it was nifty.

I have discovered that the schematic and board file are for version 1.0b, and the parts I bought are for version 1.1. While I'm fairly sure it doesn't matter much, I would like the 1.1 schematic. Does anyone have it, or where can I get it?

m00njal

Re: Custom PCB design - Outdated schematic

Post by m00njal »

sdobz wrote:For my Electronics Manufacturing class I am required to design my own PCB from a schematic. I chose the SpokePOV, because it was nifty.

I have discovered that the schematic and board file are for version 1.0b, and the parts I bought are for version 1.1. While I'm fairly sure it doesn't matter much, I would like the 1.1 schematic. Does anyone have it, or where can I get it?
The 1.1 schematic I *believe* has the two added capacitors for power stability.

Is there any update to this topic? I do am wondering about the updated schematic or PCB files with the two added capacitors for power stability? I ask with a little concern because it looks like the previous posters question went unanswered or ignored. I understand adafruit is a business and they're not required to publish everything, but it'd be nice to know if its available or being kept internal, because I'd like to eventually have some custom PCBs made on different colored boards to match my wheels and make some as Christmas presents for friends for the upcoming holidays.

Just wondering where to go from here, if I have to learn EagleCAD and update the schematic or myself or pay someone to do so.

Much thanks in advance.

adafruit

Re: Custom PCB design - Outdated schematic

Post by adafruit »

there was only one revision, about 4 years ago, to add a 47uF capacitor and 0.1uf capacitor to help with power stability

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”