spokepov on a moped/scooter

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
em4fun

spokepov on a moped/scooter

Post by em4fun »

hi everyone,

First of all I want to say that the spokepov is just amazing, thats why I want to buy it but before I do that I want to ask a few questions, maybe you guys/girls can help me out and/or give me any advice.

I own a 50 cc bike (see picture below) and I'm thinking of buying spokepov for it, but I dont know if it will be visible verry well because of my exhaust, braking disc and stuff like that, also I dont know if its posible to add it to rims like these.

The rims are bigger then the rims my bicycle has (i dont know the exact size) does this mean I must ride faster then 15 mph to get a proper visible animation/picture? (that would be better because 15 mph is a bit to slow for me :wink: )

Also: Can I ride faster then 60 mph without damaging the spokepov? is it speed-proof?

And does anyone know a video of a scooter/moped/motorcycle with spokepov?

greetings. em4fun :wink:

adafruit_support_bill

Re: spokepov on a moped/scooter

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The spokePOV is designed for operation at bicycle speeds. The centrifugal forces generated by higher speed operation could cause problems. One likely issue would be with the battery failing to make contact or even flying out of the battery clip.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”