Help! IO ERROR: died at address 0

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Jagger

Help! IO ERROR: died at address 0

Post by Jagger »

Hello. I just recently bought the BMX SpokePOV kit and assembled it. I'm trying to program my image in and I get this "IO ERROR: died at address 0" I know my circuit is correct other than J1 which I guess is just a off switch although there is no mention of it in the assembly indtructions. I am running windows XP Pro with no service packs. I have installed Givio,Wxpython and Python. (Did not know if I needed only Givio so I installed everything) I start the Givio before starting SpokePov.exe. I open my Dat file. I then plug in the programmer and say write but get the same thing. I've tried all sequences as far as plugging in the programmer, resetting, start pov first,etc..
What am I missing?

Jagger

Post by Jagger »

Well got it to program but now it dies at address 1024. Tried on a different PC and the same results. I know I'm probably missing some piece of the puzzle but can't seem to find any definitive info! (Newbie step by step?)

Jagger

Post by Jagger »

Seems as this is a common problem with no cure? :( $35 for POV or for a couple of fifths of JD?(And some coke) Next time JD!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

ugh finally going thru all these old messages that i couldnt fix at the time:
problem solved! grab the latest software from http://www.ladyada.net/make/spokepov/download.html

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”