serial port fail on Mac OS

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ajerschow

Re: serial port fail on Mac OS

Post by ajerschow »

Thanks, but unfortunately it doesn't work under Windows, neither with 1.3 nor 1.4.

So, to sum up: the only way I can run the 'Test Port' is with v. 1.3 under Mac OS, but writing an image to SpokePov does not work (connection fails).

Any suggestions?

ajerschow

Post by ajerschow »

Do you think I should buy the USBtiny, or based on what I described it may not work either?
(I would like to use it with Mac OS).
Please advise
Thank you

ajerschow

Post by ajerschow »

Looks like it's working now with version 1.2. Not sure what made the difference.
Thank you for your help

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

we're going to get the code tested and anything necessary rewritten for vista/win7 and 10.5 - something changed :(

alendria

Post by alendria »

adafruit wrote:Hrm, something changed in the latest mac os x. we're going to try to fix v1.4 but it may be a week or two because we lost our development system and have to reinstall it. can you use windows in the meantime?
Bump

I just resolved compiling under OSX-10.6 but I'm running into the same issue as others. Is there a patch available?

alendria

Post by alendria »

Hey, I found a fix that seems to work for me posted in this thread: http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22386

If you already have it compiling though, all my fix amounts to is using macports and dropping the legacy libusb library and importing the current libusb and libusb-compat libraries and compiling with -arch 386i to force your code into 32-bit mode since 10.6 compiles to 64bit by default.

Best,
Samantha

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”