Serial To USB Adapter Compatible?

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Smokey4life

Serial To USB Adapter Compatible?

Post by Smokey4life »

Would this be compatible for programing seeing as i dont have a serial card in my computer or should i just install a serial card and cable?http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... &CatId=464

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Serial To USB Adapter Compatible?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

If you don't have a serial card, your best bet is the USBTinyISP SpokePOV Dongle.

Smokey4life

Post by Smokey4life »

Ok well i already placed an order for 3 spokePOV kits with the serial dongle which is why i was wondering about the usb to serial adapter, if you dont think this will work ill just order a serial card and extension cable to make it easy. I mean that should no doubt work, correct? The serial card and cable i mean.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

A serial card & cable should work with your serial dongle. USB/serial converters can be finicky. Some work better than others.

Smokey4life

Post by Smokey4life »

Ok great i appreciate your help so much, i am ordering the card and cable now then. I cant wait to start experimenting with multicolors and whatnot. Hopefully one day i can build a video pro system such as monkeylectrics :D

suicidecommando

Post by suicidecommando »

i also wanted to buy the 3 spoke kit but the only pc i have is a laptop with no serial. it seems like a waste of money to buy a kit with a dongle i dont need and have to buy another one. is there any way the serial to usb cable will work or anyway i can upgrade to the usb dongle for i bit extra monney?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

we sell the usb dongle adapter on its own, you can just pick that up seperately!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”