error died address 1024

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cludden

error died address 1024

Post by cludden »

hi has anyone sorted this problem out yet had trouble at start with died address 0 but done it in the correct sequence starts to download after a min or so it errors died address 1024 also on verify help please it wrecking my head......am using parralell port on windows xp sp2.....have done giveIO and still not working !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

sometimes this happens, not a big deal...the image should have been downloaded just fine. so try it out and see if its OK

cludden

Post by cludden »

hi got it working image is downloaded now....just wonder is there any other way of making the image clearer without having to peddle like mad

image works fine as long as you go really fast but when going slow its not so good any help is greatful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

the more spokepovs you have, the slower you have to go. you have to go like 15mph if you only have one spoke. 10mph if you have 2 and 7mph if you have 3. (its mentioned in the specs @ http://www.ladyada.net/make/spokepov/)

try simpler, basic patterns. flower petals, geometrics. those look good even when slower.

jd3rul

Post by jd3rul »

It also give me error at address 1024 . If I uploade 4 different images in all the banks and at all it gives me the same error , ... it works ?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

ya try triggering it with a magnet, im still working on fixing the software, but it should still be just fine.

jd3rul

Post by jd3rul »

Oke . It works . I uploaded 4 images in 4 banks ( all of them gave me an IO ERROR at Address 1024) and it works .

The SpokePOV only shuts off after 3 minutes of inactivity ( if the wheel stops spinning , it turns off after 3 minutes)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

jd3rul wrote:
The SpokePOV only shuts off after 3 minutes of inactivity ( if the wheel stops spinning , it turns off after 3 minutes)
yup thats normal!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”