Blue leds on bmx! How? 3rd battery!

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
fam

Blue leds on bmx! How? 3rd battery!

Post by fam »

Hi!
I need help! Blue leds require 3 batteries. But the place for 3rd battery is on the cutted part! What should I do?

carmatic

Re: Blue leds on bmx! How? 3rd battery!

Post by carmatic »

it might be necessary to bypass the original battery holders on the SpokePOV and wire an external battery back to the SpokePOV's battery terminals ... you'll have to also seperately attach the battery pack to the wheel, but think of it this way, if your battery pack is attached across from the SpokePOV and it is close to the center, it can counterbalance the weight of the SpokePOV and your wheel will have a more centered center of mass

fam

Post by fam »

carmatic wrote:it might be necessary to bypass the original battery holders on the SpokePOV and wire an external battery back to the SpokePOV's battery terminals ... you'll have to also seperately attach the battery pack to the wheel, but think of it this way, if your battery pack is attached across from the SpokePOV and it is close to the center, it can counterbalance the weight of the SpokePOV and your wheel will have a more centered center of mass
Thanks for advice! I'll try an external battery pack! I'm going to use 3 pov's on a wheel so I hope it will be balanced good.

fam

Post by fam »

fam wrote:Thanks for advice! I'll try an external battery pack! I'm going to use 3 pov's on a wheel so I hope it will be balanced good.
Finally I finished! ;)

ImageImageImage

I hope this pictures will be useful for somebody! :D

carmatic

Post by carmatic »

wow, looks good! one of the battery packs is a little out of position, but the whole wheel looks 'complete' , like it was designed this way

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”