Animation Delay?

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
heliumbaboon

Animation Delay?

Post by heliumbaboon »

Hi, I just finished the SpokePOV & wanted to say thanks for a great kit with clear instructions. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Mine seems to have a gap inbetween frames where only the top LED is lit. Is this supposed to happen? So far I've only loaded the same image into each of the 4 spaces. If something is wrong, I will number each frame & see if any are coming up blank.

Also, I have an idea for a simple weather resistant sleeve. Take a gallon plastic freezer bag, put it inbetween 2 pieces of parchment paper & drag a hot soldering iron across to create a new bottom seam & making the bag as deep as the circuit board is wide. Cut off the excess. Then slit down the sides, wrap it around the SpokePOV & spoke, then zip it up.

Also, have you tried putting 3 different colored spokes (RGB) on the same wheel & masking the bmp 3 ways to create a multicolored image? I imagine it has to spin as fast as a 1 POV wheel, but I think it would work.

Thanks, again!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

i will look into it, as i have posted: the software is very new and i tested much of it but im not 100% sure. let me know if you figure anything out!

heliumbaboon

Post by heliumbaboon »

Ok, I've experimented with this a little more with 1.2 & 1.0b software.

When I draw my own image, no problem. It goes through 1, 2, 3, 4.
When I import an image in slot 1 it goes for about 5 seconds regardless of Animation Timing, then the LEDs all go out except the outer one. Then frame 1 repeats like this over & over.
The exception is when I use the "spoke pov" sample image.

Also, here is my plastic bag I mentioned in action. It's 2 layers, the one that the components came in & a ziplock bag. I cut a square for the dongle connection & will cover it with tape when not in use. The lines will be smoother next time.

heliumbaboon

Post by heliumbaboon »

I've also discovered that importing a bmp will work if I scale the image down to one quadrant of the wheel area. So, now I'm thinking it has to do with how many LEDs are lit in a rotation.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

can you send me the .dat file that is all wonky? (as an attachment to ladyada@gmail) thanks!

heliumbaboon

Post by heliumbaboon »

Sure.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”