After spending a long time working the kinks out of my SpokePOV boards I thought it might be a good idea to pass along a few of the things I learned.
1. When you build your TinyISP interface make sure you follow the instructions specific to SpokePOV use. If you don't, communications are flaky.
2. Always install the J1 sockets. You never know when you might need them.
3. Double check Everything before using conformal coating. It's a pain to remove to fix something.
4. Out of 6 units I have one that only works with a Lion battery pack. No clue why. Go figure.
5. Things are not always what they seem. Although I should be using mirroring for my images they come out right when I select no mirroring. No explanation, not sure why, but try it both ways and see what works.
6. If you're not artistic, search the web. There is lots of great artwork out there for the Spoke POV.
And one suggestion for Adafruit. Offer a three board setup with Red Green and Blue boards. The resolution isn't great at low speeds but it does give you RGB for less than $100