help build a pov

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Raydog121

help build a pov

Post by Raydog121 »

hello everyone!!!! im a bike enthusiest who has just discovered the wonderfull world of SpokePov Kits. i dream of the day i can ride around town and have spider man giveing someone the finger.... or stewy blasting his laser gun at lois.... well im sure you get the point... the problem is i think big but im really not good electronically. im commited to doing whatever i can to make my little project a reality but im gonna need some help... i understand i have to buy a sodering gun but thats about it lol... does anyone know of a POV how too video??? something i could just follow step by step.... sauder this... do that.... i would offer to pay someone to build it for me... but i would feel bad due to that person takeing time out of there own scedual just to do something i wanted and not needed. and of course there is always the chance of someone offering ... takeing your money... and just laughing at you all the way to the bank lol.... so i guess im basically asking how does a stupid person like me pull this off lol.... ill learn if someone will teach and ill do my best lol... but i gotta admit... im preying for some kind of you tube vid lol

nitrodude150

Re: help build a pov

Post by nitrodude150 »

This is a FULL Text Tutorial with LOTS of Pictures - I was a first timer 'Solderer' when I did this project and the tutorial was perfect for me:

http://www.ladyada.net/make/spokepov/makespokepov.html

However I'd start here so you can figure out what equipment you need:

http://www.ladyada.net/make/spokepov/makeprep.html

Hope that Helps! :mrgreen:

PS: I see finished SpokePOVs on Craigslist Regularly!

PSS: When you FINALLY get to programming your SpokePOVS, you get the BEST Results from MONOCHROME Bitmaps -- At least in MY Experience :lol:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”