No Lights, Hot Battery !!

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
acestu

No Lights, Hot Battery !!

Post by acestu »

Hi Could somebody help please, I have just built 1 of my spoke povs however when I put the batteries in nothing lights up and one of the batteries gets red hot.

thanks in advance
Acestu

acestu

Re: No Lights, Hot Battery !!

Post by acestu »

I have checked the board and the only thing that I am uneasy about are the resister arrays, I positioned them with the white dot where the writing is to the x on the printed circuit board , hope that is the right way....

thanks
Acestu

acestu

Post by acestu »

Here are some pics if this helps, I removed the hall effect sensor in case it was wrong way round but no different

http://imgur.com/a/cu9aT

thanks
Acestu

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

nothing lights up and one of the batteries gets red hot.
Which one of the batteries is getting hot? Some clearer photos of the area around that battery holder would help. More light should give you better photos. Try near a window or even outside.

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi, I have added some more pics of around the battery clips, also the batterry is the one nearest to the square end of the pcb and it gets hot even if I put just that 1 battery in its clip.

Hope this helps

thank you
Acestu

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The third battery position is only for blue, green, white or purple LEDs. To use that, you need to cut a trace as described in the "prep" section of the tutorial.

For all other colors, you should use only the first two battery positions as shown:

acestu

Post by acestu »

OMG , I cannot believe I made such a stupid mistake, what through me was the cut trace writing on the battery position that I should of used, Oh well all working thank you support...

cheers
Acestu

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”