Anyone know about Fire Gone?

Share your information, hints and discuss Laser cutters/engravers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lepton

Anyone know about Fire Gone?

Post by lepton »

Has anyone used one of these to put out a laser cutter fire or have knowledge of suitability?

I called the manufacture and they claim it's completely safe, not corrosive and will not damage electronics or optics.

Warning - VERY annoying flash video starts playing when page loads - mute before you click
http://max-professional.com/specialty/firegone.htm

Best thing is that they're only $20 that TWENTY. My local wood working supplier (http://www.woodwerks.com) had them in store for only $13

I emailed Epiloga couple days ago about use but no response yet.

MSDS has a lot of proprietary ingredients - and they won't ship to California.

250 coupe

Re: Anyone know about Fire Gone?

Post by 250 coupe »

I checked the MSDS and the first ingredient listed is water.

That made me check the MSDS for the First Alert Tundra extinguisher I have sitting next to my laser. First ingredient? Water. Different film forming chemicals but it's still mostly water. I'll be moving that one to the kitchen to replace the one that expired on the 2nd of January.

I've had 4 or 5 small fires in my laser, almost entirely when cutting BANNED. It smolders or has very small flames that are easily put out with a few quick shots from a trigger sprayer I keep on the shelf next to the machine. I've also got a Halon extinguisher but since it's way past it's inspection date, I don't even know if it still works.

Michael

Philly

Re: Anyone know about Fire Gone?

Post by Philly »

Would CO2 not do the job? Set up a small bottle with an expansion chamber and anti-siphon tube and you will get just gas(not frozen parts ;)).

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Laser”