Where are all the Laser people?

Share your information, hints and discuss Laser cutters/engravers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
LBurger71

Laser is here

Post by LBurger71 »

Well, the laser is here :) It came last Wednesday. I waited to open it because it had two holes in the box and if I opened it without my salesman there, how would I prove I didn't damage anything? He came on Thursday and we opened it (no damage underneath). He provided some pretty indepth training and I felt very comfortable with what he was telling me since I spent 16+ years in manufacturing and have experience working with servos and encoders, etc. We did some practice runs on the machine to give me some training. It's a very nice machine. I wasn't able to practice with it the past couple of days because my laptop didn't come until late yesterday (another long story....not sure if I will ever order from onsale.com again). The next couple of days are filled with things I can't avoid (my grandmother died) so I will try to sneak in practice as I can. I am a night person so I will probably be doing it in the middle of the night. Just wanted to update everyone that the laser is here and I am soooo excited! I ordered a prefab building as a workshop and office area instead of using an area off of my garage like I had originally planned. Tomorrow I have a contractor coming to lay about 20 ton of stone for the base of it and the building comes Monday (unless something changes). Things are finally coming together! :) I ordered a bunch of stuff to practice on and to use as samples. The laser also came with a nice large packet of stuff to practice with. I was able to make a deal for the laser where they threw in the rotary attachment, blower and air assist pump in the price of the laser. I bought my laser from Epilog and the guy I dealt with was great. More to come!

Lisa (from northeastern PA)

p.s. If anyone has any favorite web sites they like to get product from, can you send them along (post here or PM)? I have ordered from laserbits already and they were great. I have a few requests for pet urns and headstones right now, so I'd appreciate some sites with urns on it and maybe some wholesale stone. This area of PA is known for PA Bluestone, but I'd like to try other stones also. Thanks!

LaserGregg

back of the book

Post by LaserGregg »

there's a list.
I like laserbits. they rule.
check out dollar stores.
I see Po$$ibilities.
thats me.
also AC moore/Michaels

TechTatts

Re: new users?

Post by TechTatts »

LaserGregg wrote:what happened to all the new users?
the three new laser adventurers I had read about months ago
Maybe not so easy as once thought.
Tech-Tattoos is still around too! We've got the Web site and the business cards and when I'm here in the office I'm constantly busy with something or other. Using the laser is so much more fun than the rest of running a business, but we must do what we must do.

Here's a link to my Web site: http://www.zapyourcrap.com

Cheers!

Jen

p.s. You go, Lisa. Kudos for persevering through what sounds like tough times!

LaserGregg

Cinemax Give away car.... it has a laser etching?

Post by LaserGregg »

check it out on www.getmax.com & enter to win.
or www.opticaletching.com
stepping up the bar here..... where are the hot gigs?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Laser”