Thinking about buying equipment...

Share your information, hints and discuss Laser cutters/engravers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
equake

Thinking about buying equipment...

Post by equake »

Just wondering if anyone has any templates for ipods and laptops? Also would be great if someone could come up with a user manual for this business from start to finish. Not for VC funding just to show the workflow and how to do it.
Like examples on how to use the software and how to test your designs. Just some observations that I have had.
Thanks,
equake

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

i would suggest looking at the website for information www.ladyada.net/library/laser
we're adding to it all the time!

equake

I appreciate that Information....

Post by equake »

You do have a lot of information there. I was just hoping to see a manual of sorts. Something that I read and get a general understanding of how to laser etch on laptops and ipods. Like things that work, and things that do not work. I appreciate the info that you do currently have. Do we have any people who have gone into this business in this forum? It would just be nice to get some do's and don'ts from people who are doing this, not just you guys, because you are so busy and have other things to do.
Thanks,
Equake

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

your laser equipment provider will have a training program that will teach you how to use the laser engraver.

equake

How about other laptops

Post by equake »

How do you determine if you can laser different laptops besides apples? I was wondering if you or anyone has found a laptop that cannot be etched? Also is anyone keeping a list of laptop maker or models that can be done and cannot be done?
Equake

adafruit

Re: How about other laptops

Post by adafruit »

equake wrote:How do you determine if you can laser different laptops besides apples?
we test on the bottom of laptops, or just try the 'best guess'
I was wondering if you or anyone has found a laptop that cannot be etched?
so far, etching polycarbonate (white plastic apple laptops) doesnt work very well at all.
Also is anyone keeping a list of laptop maker or models that can be done and cannot be done?
yes its on the page i mentioned earlier

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Laser”