Etch Connection: Laser Etching Design Marketplace

Share your information, hints and discuss Laser cutters/engravers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Etchconnection

Etch Connection: Laser Etching Design Marketplace

Post by Etchconnection »

Hello all you laser maniacs:
I am working up a site to provide a marketplace for laser etching designs (http://etchconnection.com). The site would allow:

1) Designers to create a profile, post graphic designs, and set a price
2) Customers to rate and browse designs
3) Customers to find a local engraver, buy a design, and have it sent to their preferred engraver (which the site will help them find as well).

What it comes down to is that this might help promote personalized laser etching, provide an outlet for graphic designers' work, and send preapproved designs and great leads to etchers. It would seem that for non-artist/designers such as myself who would love to get a cool etching but have no idea where to even start, this type of site would be very helpful. Everybody wins (it would seem).

I would love to get thoughts from everyone. Think it's viable? Useful? Worthless?

Tom
[email protected]

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

sounds like a neat idea...but hard to evaluate until theres something to play with :)

Etchconnection

Post by Etchconnection »

Absolutely. hopefully I'll have something rudimentary up within a few weeks and will solicit comments on it from the forumites at that point.
Thanks!
Tom.

Pelonius

Post by Pelonius »

I am in Canada and thinking about starting an laser etching business. It seems so far that the larger market cities are best for starting this type of business. People can come and see your product and watch, thats a huge part of the product. I live in a city of about 1 million and possible clients would be slim. I would plan to extend my business to internet but getting people to know who you are would be difficult. This site you propose sounds exciting and I would love to see it up and running.

Etchconnection

Post by Etchconnection »

Hello Pelonius: I don't have much visibility into how large of a market you need locally, but it would seem doable if you are in a local city of 1million. Please let me know if you do want to go ahead with your business, as I would love to send people in your market to you should they be interested in any of our designs.

Feel free to email me directly ([email protected]) and I will let you know when we have a beta of etchconnection.com up and running so you can see what it is all about.
-Tom.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Laser”