serial to ttl usb converter

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
d3a

serial to ttl usb converter

Post by d3a »

The serial converter I received on friday does not work. It powers the rpi just fine but it does not show up as a usb device on ether my mac or my linux pc. Since there is no power switch what could I be doing wron?
Thanks,
Dave

adafruit_support_rick

Re: serial to ttl usb converter

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

I'm better with Macs, so let's look there first. In the Apple Menu, select 'About This Mac…'. In the 'About' window, click on 'More Info…'

You'll get a different 'About' window. In this one, click on 'System Report…'

In the next window, look in the left-hand pane for the item 'Hardware', and expand it by clicking on the triangle. Underneath 'Hardware', you'll see a list of devices. Select 'USB'. A list of USB devices will appear in the top right pane of the window. Look in there to see if your serial converter appears. If you're not sure, unplug the converter, select 'Refresh Information' from the File menu, and see if the list changes. You can re-connect the converter and note which device ( if any ) has been added back into the list.

d3a

Post by d3a »

Hi:
Did as you suggested first time I plugged it in. Checked again after installing a driver. Is never listed.
--Dave

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The driver linked from the product page does not appear to support MacOS 10.7 (Lion). There is another site here:
http://changux.co/osx-installer-to-pl23 ... on-osx-lio

If you've tried that and it still doesn't work, contact [email protected] for a replacement or refund. Please reference this thread.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”