NeTV

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
juanlser

NeTV

Post by juanlser »

Hello,
I have received the pack Netv.
I think that is broken, since it does not.
The Netv I connect to a TV and do not see me anything on the screen.
No lights on the device.
What I can do?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: NeTV

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

First let's check to see if the power supply is OK. So you see a red light on the supply when you plug it in? If you plug another USB device into the power supply, does it work? (e.g. can you charge your phone with it?)

LMan

Post by LMan »

Hi. Just purchased a NeTV. Assembly was easy, but not getting any indications that it is working--no video passthrough, nothing... Per the last post, I checked the power supply. The light only stays on if I push and hold the USB tip in the power supply-- I verified this with my cell phone. Tried 2 other micro USB cables with identical result.
Then tried using a different USB power supply to run the netv-- still no indications that the netv box is working at all.

bunnie

Post by bunnie »

Probably the next step is unfortunately to take the unit apart again.

Verify that the microSD card is properly seated, and didn't come open during assembly.

Check the board for any signs of mechanical dysfunction, i.e. lifted connectors etc. that can happen during assembly.

When you plug the device in, at the very least one of the lights to the clear bezel should turn on, as it's turned on by the very low level bootloader.

If you have any experience with linux and/or have a serial cable that does 3.3V TTL levels you can do further debugging.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”