IR NEC Remote ID # 389

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Dustinjan10

IR NEC Remote ID # 389

Post by Dustinjan10 »

Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me solve a question I have. Below is an image of the VOL + botton on a small NEC remote I have.

I got this by hooking my oscilloscope probe to the Output of my IR receiver. I am trying to bring this signal/code into my PIC18F4550.

They say NEC first sends the address then the inverted address. But if you look above the first is all zeros and the second is not the invert of that. I am so lost!!!
The command is being inverted though.

I bought this remote from adafruit.com with the matching 38khz IR receiver. They say it sends signals 0-26 to address #0, skipping #3, #7, #11, #15 # 19 and #23. How do I get any of that from what is displayed below.

Thank you so much for your help.
Attachments
212.jpg
212.jpg (47.86 KiB) Viewed 2044 times

adafruit

Re: IR NEC Remote ID # 389

Post by adafruit »

what's the exact data you're reading out?

cyborg5

Re: IR NEC Remote ID # 389

Post by cyborg5 »

The specifications for NEC has eight bits of device code followed by eight bits of sub device code followed by the function code followed by the binary inverse of the function code. You've got your items labeled incorrectly. It's not address, inverse address, function, inverse function. It should be address, sub address, function, inverse function. My favorite listing of protocol descriptions is that this site.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/johnsfine/DecodeIR.html

The notation is hard to learn but once you understand it it describes what more different protocols than any other reference I've ever seen.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”