usb lipoly charger, usb in... and out?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
charizzardd

usb lipoly charger, usb in... and out?

Post by charizzardd »

Hello everyone, new guy to circuits here!

I'm a mechanical engineer and EE is still a little foreign to me. Is the "USB/DC Lithium Polymer battery charger 5-12V - 3.7/4.2v cell"s the circuit I need for both usb charging of the lipoly battery and usb output to charge something else usb powered, like an ipod iphone, android, etc?

I can see how simple this circuit makes it to charge a li ion poly battery, but does it also work as a usb out so I can use the usb to charge something??
I would really like to buy this http://adafruit.com/products/280?gclid= ... 4AodlXcAxA and some li ion poly batteries asap if can be used both ways... Hope you can help. Apologize if this is posted in the wrong place or has been addressed elsewhere. If this is the case would someone mind linking? Thank you!!!!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: usb lipoly charger, usb in... and out?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

No. It does not have USB 5v out. But many customers combine it with one of these for that purpose. The 3.7v output from the LiPo cell is perfect for powering the MintyBoost. The MintyBoost will boost the battery voltage to 5v and has a USB connector.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”