Circuit Playground - how to change values

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ranger9

Circuit Playground - how to change values

Post by ranger9 »

This is probably a trivial question if you're an EE, but I'm not! So...

I'm trying to use the resistor divider calculator in Circuit Playground to choose some resistor values for a circuit that will read a car's oil-pressure sender (range 240 ohms to 33 ohms.) What I'd like to do is keep Vin at 5v, start with an initial pair of values for R1 and R2, and then see how Vout changes as I change the values of R1 and R2.

But I can't, because when I change the value of R1, it leaves Vout at its previous value and calculates the value of R2 instead. If I select Vout and erase the value, it puts the previous value back in as soon as I try to enter a value for R2. If I enter a value for R2 and then input a value for R1, it recalculates R2 instead of calculating Vout.

I can get it to calculate a new Vout value if I clear the whole calculator every time and input new R1 and R2 values, but that's tedious if you're just trying to tweak. Isn't there any way to get it to leave the resistor values as I input them and calculate Vout?

Thanks...

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Circuit Playground - how to change values

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

There is currently no way to do what you are asking. But I will pass along your suggestion.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”