Weight of Adafruit Perma-proto boards

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
KeeleVens

Weight of Adafruit Perma-proto boards

Post by KeeleVens »

Hello All,

Does anyone know a more accurate weight for the quarteror half sized breadboards? I am developing a lightweight sensor package for use on a quad- or hex-copter, and we were not planning on using the board, but it will probably increase the overall ease of use.

I have estimated the weight based on the density of the FR-4 as 1850 kg/m^3 found here, for the given area of 44mm x 55mm with a thickness of 1.602mm (0.063") for a total volume of 3876.84 mm^3 and a final weight of 7.2g. I'm not sure if this is completely accurate, however, as the holes are lined with copper and have markings.

Our current payload includes a LinkSprite JPEG camera, a beagleboard-xm, an arduino nano v3, a Fluke 414d distance range finder combined with a LR-4 from Porcupine Electronics, a LIS331, and an OceanOptics Spectrometer.

Thank you!

silicon_ghost

Re: Weight of Adafruit Perma-proto boards

Post by silicon_ghost »

My semi-accurate postal scale gave the following numbers:
1/4 proto, qty 8 = 46 g (5.75 g/board)
1/2 proto, qty 7 = 76 g (10.85 g/board)
Last edited by silicon_ghost on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silicon_ghost

Post by silicon_ghost »

FYI, I just measured the 1/4 proto with my calipers and the size was a bit different than your assumptions:
51 mm X 43.3 mm X 1.5 mm

KeeleVens

Post by KeeleVens »

Thank you!
I went from the dimensions given on the product page, but I expected thing to work out a bit differently. Thank you so much. Hopefully the shaving off of a few grams will help make more allowances for the boards.

Again, I really appreciate your help.
Have a good one!

KeeleVens

Post by KeeleVens »

Thank you!
I went from the dimensions given on the product page, but I expected thing to work out a bit differently. Thank you so much. Hopefully the shaving off of a few grams will help make more allowances for the boards.

Again, I really appreciate your help.
Have a good one!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”