Return of failed product?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pdxbrit

Return of failed product?

Post by pdxbrit »

Hi Folks,

Sent email to support and they directed me back here.

Just received my first order from you, great prompt service by the way, order #242567, and I'm having problems with two of the parts. The Electric Imp and the April card.

I've just put a basic bread-board circuit together to try it out: http://www.instructables.com/id/TempBug ... ire-it-up/

It initially powered up ok, and as far as I can tell from the LED flashing it seem to take the blink uploader, connected to the wi-fi network, but failed to connect to the cloud. After removing the power however, and then reconnecting it sometime later it no longer flashes at all. I've confirmed with a multi-meter that power is getting to the April board (I also removed it entirely from the breadboard circuit, and attempted to power it with USB and still a no go).

So I'm not sure if the April board is the issue or the Electric Imp. I don't think I've done anything wrong to fry it, but it seems pretty dead. I've soldered breadboard leads to GND, Vin and two of the pins. Are they still returnable? I'd really like to give this another shot.

Cheers, Mark.

adafruit

Re: Return of failed product?

Post by adafruit »

Not sure what could be wrong - if its broken of course we'll replace it but do you mind emailing imp first in case they have suggestions?

http://devwiki.electricimp.com/doku.php?id=contacts

pdxbrit

Re: Return of failed product?

Post by pdxbrit »

Absolutely! I'll drop an email right now. Thanks for the quick reply.

Cheers, Mark.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”