BMP085 Sensor problem

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
geotek

BMP085 Sensor problem

Post by geotek »

Just connected my Raspberry to a BMP085 sensor using Wheezy and following the Adafruit directions and obtaining the GitHub software, when I try to Run - sudo python Adafruit_BMP085_example.py - I get error message:error accessing 0X77: check your I2C address.
The sensor reading are not correct, where did I go wrong?
tom

adafruit_support_bill

Re: BMP085 Sensor problem

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Does the sensor show up on i2cdetect? Make sure you are looking at the right I2C bus for your version of the Pi. On the original Pi it is bus 0. Current versions use bus 1.

geotek

Post by geotek »

yes, I had to edit the AdafruitI2C.py program from SMBus (0), debug = False to SMBus (1), then it worked ok,

Another question, in the Adafruit_BMP085 suite there is a program which appears to send data to google, how does that work????
thanks
Tom

adafruit_support_bill

First you need a GoogleDocs account and you need to create a spreadsheet there. If you modify the code with your account credentials and spreadsheet file name, it can log in to Google Docs, open the spreadsheet and start appending the barometer data.

geotek

Post by geotek »

I entered my credentials into the Adafruit_BMP085_googledocs_ex.py program and tried to run it form terminal and I get an error message:
traceback (most recent calllast):
File Adarfruit_BMP085_googledocs_ex.py, line 6, in <modeule> import gspread import error: no module gspread

What is the Gspread line in the code mean? is it a module call?
help
Tom

adafruit_support_bill

Have you installed the GSpread library? See here for details: http://learn.adafruit.com/dht-humidity- ... oogle-docs

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”