Eggbot wall plug issue

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
coke_glass

Eggbot wall plug issue

Post by coke_glass »

Hi, I recently bought an eggbot and after completing it I plugged in the USB and the wall power plug but I did not hear the servo motor trying to move. I have a 9 volt battery pack that has the same plug as the eggbot and when I plug it in I can hear the servo motor trying to move. I am not sure if it is just the power adapter because I tried other wall outlets but still no luck and I tried plugging the wall power plug in my arduino and the power lights never came on, but when I put the 9 volt battery pack to the arduino it powers right up. I wanted some other opinions or things to try so I can rule out if it is the wall plug that came with the eggbot or not. Thanks for the help.

** Update 1 **

I just used my multimeter to test the wall plug and it is showing 0 volts but when I check the 9 volt battery pack it shows it has voltage. I am almost certain it is the wall plug, but please post anything else I can try to verify if it is a faulty wall plug.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Eggbot wall plug issue

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

It does sound like a bad wall plug. If you contact one of the evil mad scientists at EMSL (the inventors of the Egg Bot) they should be able to replace that for you.
http://www.evilmadscientist.com/contact/

coke_glass

Re: Eggbot wall plug issue

Post by coke_glass »

Thank you for your reply, I spoke with the people over at the evilmadscientist and they are sending a replacement wall plug. Thanks again :D.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”