Single coin acceptor

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jreilly2

Single coin acceptor

Post by jreilly2 »

I purchased a single coin acceptor a while back, set it up, tested it, and it worked as I expected. I had plans to include it in a project I was still in the process of working on. When I set it up & tested it, I just happened to use a nickel to program it. Satisfied, I proceeded with the more challenging parts of constructing my project. I went to reprogram the unit for quarters last night & had trouble, so I consulted the forum. It turns out there were some of these units that had problems programming with coins other than nickels. My question is does the multiple coin mechanism have the same size and shape of the single coin one? I'm interested in knowing if it will fit in my existing hole and if the screw holes are in the same place. Thanks for any help you can offer.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Single coin acceptor

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The mounting hole pattern is the same. The multi-coin faceplate is about 2mm taller overall. Max width behind the faceplate is 3-4mm wider. But that is due to a protruding solenoid coil at the very back. It will probably fit through the same size hole if you maneuver it right.

jreilly2

Post by jreilly2 »

So the holes are in exactly the same place?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

So the holes are in exactly the same place?
Yes.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”