Defective decade switch

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ArneHermann

Defective decade switch

Post by ArneHermann »

Hi there,

I purchased 4 of the large 5-decade push switches (Inv. 264435) which arrived yesterday. Eager to get going on building my decade resistor box I did not test every stage of every switch. Unfortunately, I soldered 9 x 100ohm 1/2W 1% resistors to stage 3 and to my dismay the switch is N/C to common at count 7. I've verified this with measurements. So... I need a replacement stage (i.e. 1 stage of 5 in the switch was bad). More unfortunately, I don't have an extra 9 of those resistors which really sucks because I'll have to order replacements from DigiKey and eat the $8 shipping fee (on 9 cheap resistors) :-(

What do I do to get a replacement?

-Arne

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Defective decade switch

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Contact [email protected] with a link to this thread and they'll get you a replacement.

I'd send you some resistors from my personal stash, but I only have 100-ohm 1% in 1/4 watt.. my 1/2 watt 100s are 5%. FWIW, check the bulk prices when you order.. you should be able to get a hundred resistors for a couple of bucks. The shipping is still a nuisance, but at least you'll have plenty of spares.

ArneHermann

Post by ArneHermann »

Hey Mike,

aww, the resistors I'll just eat and order some more; wasn't trying to get you guys to reimburse me for those. I should know better and should have checked each switch before I soldered ;-). I'm just now short one decade switch and hope you guys will just send me a replacement for that.

Let me know please.

Cheers,

-Arne

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Oh yeah.. we'll replace the decade switch. No question about that.

As above, send email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and they'll get you a new one.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”