HDMI-VGA Adapter - Dropouts

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ctyler

HDMI-VGA Adapter - Dropouts

Post by ctyler »

I'm having a lot of troubles with a new HDMI-DVI adapter (part 1151) -- I'm using it with a Raspberry Pi, and noticed that while it worked, it kept blanking out (black image) and then coming back a few seconds later. Sometimes the display spends more time off than on. Suspecting a Raspi power issue, I moved the USB devices to a powered hub (no change), and tried connecting the HDMI-VGA adapter through a powered HDMI splitter (no change). I've tried multiple monitors and projectors, cables, Pi boards, and power supply units -- and I have the same problem in each case.

When I connect this unit to my Toshiba Z830 laptop, I get no image, and the connection is not reported by the laptop's video system. If I connect the laptop to the powered HDMI splitter, and send one output to a monitor and one output to the HDMI-VGA adapter, the laptop detects the monitor's EDID data and draws on both displays -- but the HDMI-VGA display still continues to drop out periodically (the other HDMI monitor continues to display normally).

I'm thinking that the unit is DOA. Any suggestions/pointers?

ctyler

Re: HDMI-VGA Adapter - Dropouts

Post by ctyler »

(I should also mention that I tried various resolution and signal-strength options on the Raspi side, to no avail).

adafruit

Re: HDMI-VGA Adapter - Dropouts

Post by adafruit »

Unusual! email support@adafruit with a link here to get a replacement, but please let us know it that fixes it!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”