AM2315 "stuck" at 99.9% RH

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mafisher

AM2315 "stuck" at 99.9% RH

Post by mafisher »

I bought three AM2315 Temp/Humidity sensors and one of them is stuck at 99.9% RH.

I left the unit running overnight for testing and when I came back in the morning the RH was at 99.9%. The temp sensor is just fine. The humidity in the room according to the DHT22 I also was running overnight on a different project never rose above 43%. I ran a different AM2315 all day yesterday and last night and it is functioning properly. After leaving the original AM2315 unplugged for that time I just tried it in circuit again and it still reads 99.9%

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Thanks, Mark

adafruit_support_mike

Re: AM2315 "stuck" at 99.9% RH

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

It could be a bad sensor, but please bear with me as I ask some questions to rule out other sources of failure:

- Are you sure no one has dunked the thing in a glass of water, or something similar?

- Have you swapped that sensor with another that does work to make sure there are no problems in the wiring or code?

mafisher

Post by mafisher »

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply.

No, the unit was sitting on my desk, no one else touched it. As I said, I ran a 2nd unit for almost 24 hours with no difficulties.

I'll test it every few days to see if it comes back.

Thanks, Mark

adafruit_support_mike

If what you're doing isn't time-critical and you're willing to get a long data sample.. well, you're awesome and we love doing business with you. ;-)

If you're pressed for time, just don't want to wait, or still get 99.9% RH when your patience with the thing runs out, send a message to [email protected] and we'll get you a replacement. The fact that two work and one doesn't sounds like a hardware issue.

mafisher

Post by mafisher »

Not time critical. If is still dead after a few days I'll send an email and time it out with my next order so it can just get thrown in the same shipment.

Thanks

adafruit_support_mike

If you do need a replacement, include a link to this thread when you contact support. That way they'll know the request isn't coming out of the blue.

For your patience, I've just bought you an OSHW skill badge (http://www.adafruit.com/products/477). Have them throw that in the box with the replacement (if necessary) or your next order (assuming the sensor comes back on its own).

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”