PA6H MTK3339 firmware

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
walnut1

PA6H MTK3339 firmware

Post by walnut1 »

hi,
can you please provide a download for the original firmware shipping on the current (PA6H, as of 8/13) ultimate gps boards?
the fw i need is AXN_2.10_3339_2012072601,5223,PA6H,1.0
i would like to have it in case i decide to reflash (running a different version w/other features enabled).
you may e-mail it to the address in my profile if you can't post it directly.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: PA6H MTK3339 firmware

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We do not have this firmware in-house. We get these devices pre-flashed from the factory.

walnut1

Post by walnut1 »

hey bill,
thanks for the prompt response. i contacted the vendor, and their answer was that it was customized for the customer and therefore they can't send it to me without your permission.
perhaps you could give an "ok" here so that i might acquire it to reflash? or i could CC you via e-mail?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hiya,

this is something we cannot OK, the factory should not be offering this as something supported, we're going to make sure they manage expectations with us and our customers.

thank you,
adafruit support

walnut1

Post by walnut1 »

hi,
so what are my options? i promise i'm not a competitor trying to steal your IP ;)

walnut1

Post by walnut1 »

can you at least explain your reasoning in not providing the original firmware binary for download to paying customers? why take that stance for this device, but not with any of the other open source products you sell?
i don't think globaltop did anything inappropriate by providing a firmware with antenna length compensation for the pps output. in fact, i'd say that is going above and beyond the typical support a vendor would provide.
the problem is, though, that other aspects of the firmware behave different w/rt the rate of fixing activity, etc. and i don't think this is correctable given the constraints of the firmware on the module now.
perhaps i could come to some sort of resolution dealing directly with globaltop, since you don't seem willing to help. but, because you've now told them not to provide any support to people who purchased the module from your store, i'm now without support from either globaltop or you. :? that isn't fair or respectful for me as a customer.
thanks.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

walnut1 wrote:i would like to have it in case i decide to reflash (running a different version w/other features enabled).
we do not support running a different version w/other features enabled for that product, is not something we can offer at this time.

thanks,
adafruit support

walnut1

Post by walnut1 »

adafruit,
if you will not help me revert to the stock firmware, and you've since contacted the manufacturer and told them not to talk to your customers (after i had already engaged with them, receiving the alternate bin in the first place), then how can i get it back to the stock, supported firmware?
i'm not asking for support with the additional feature; i would simply like to flash the original AXN_2.10_3339_2012072601,5223 back to the device.
are you implying that any warranties and support, either through you (adafruit) or globaltop (who sent me the other firmware) are now permanently null and void because i installed the software they (globaltop) provided?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

you can email [email protected] and we'll send you a new unit, please refer to this thread and we'll send out a replacement.

thanks,
adafruit support

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”