CC3000 UDP Server

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jimmayhugh

Re: CC3000 UDP Server

Post by jimmayhugh »

I also have some extra boards of both types available.

bluewonder

Post by bluewonder »

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your boards.I would like to mention that I just tried your code but I receive this error : 'class Adafruit_CC3000' has no member named 'connectAndBindUDP'.

I have trouble to fix this error do you know what could cause this ?

jimmayhugh

Post by jimmayhugh »

Did you add the code at the top of this topic to the adafruit library? It's not part of the official release, and has to be added in prior to compiling my code.

bluewonder

Post by bluewonder »

Hi,

I indeed added the .h and .cpp in the Adafruit CC3000. My arduino version is 1.0.1. Just to be sure could you post your modified library ? But I'm pretty sure this is something else.

jimmayhugh

Post by jimmayhugh »

What device are you trying to compile this on? I use a Teensy 3.0 board, the Arduino 1.0.5 IDE, and the Teensyduino 1.17 add-on.

jimmayhugh

Post by jimmayhugh »

The libraries I use are on my github repository as "Teensy3.0_libraries.zip"

gbernal

Post by gbernal »

Hi all,

I'm very new to the network topic and I have question regarding your developing on the UDP server. Essentially I'm trying to configure the cc3000 as UDP Server with fixed IP (ip and network from phone hotspot) and 57600 bps using touchOSC. I was wondering if I could accomplish this by using your library.

Thank you in advance!

jimmayhugh

Post by jimmayhugh »

I haven't had any luck trying to set up a static IP with the CC3000, so the short answer is "I don't know".

Slive

Post by Slive »

Hi jimmayhugh,

thank you for your files!

I'm trying to setup the library, but unfortunately I get an error while compiling your code.

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_CC3000/Adafruit_CC3000.h:129,
from sketch_jan04a.ino:43:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_CC3000/Adafruit_CC3000_Server.h:68: error: redefinition of 'class Adafruit_CC3000_Server'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_CC3000/Adafruit_CC3000.h:97: error: previous definition of 'class Adafruit_CC3000_Server'
sketch_jan04a.ino: In function 'void setup()':
sketch_jan04a:173: error: 'class Adafruit_CC3000' has no member named 'connectAndBindUDP'

I'm new to this stuff, but I'd love to it to work.

Cold you share your modified Adafruit CC3000 libraries? I could't locate then in your github.

Thank you.

vdhart

Post by vdhart »

I am working on a weather station based on an Arduino Uno with the graphical interface with Processing.Because I cannot couple the Arduino with my PC by cable, I have to use WiFi. Therefore I have an AdafruitCC3000 shield.On the Arduino it works fine! I can get the data in a telnet session, so the Arduino is in my net.The Processing program on my PC has problems. It uses UDP packets to communicate with the Arduino.
But that does not work.
So I tried your library from your github repository and the test program CC3000udpServerTest. But I can not get the test program running. In the library are no methods for udp. I have than put your extensions in the library and then I got errors because server is redefined. Do you have the sources of the library with the udp methods? Your test program on the PC site is a php program. Do you also have a java program, that I can use directly in Processing?
An other problem is that the DHCP connection is closed from the router after some hours. In the ethernet library of Arduino is a method "maintain()" and "connected()". With that method the connection can be activated again. Is there also such a method in the CC3000 library?

jimmayhugh

Post by jimmayhugh »

Sorry, I haven't been back here for a while...

I've stopped using the CC3000 for my teensynet project, mainly because of the limited range, even with an external antenna, and numerous problems with the CC3000 hanging.

I've switched over to using a TL-WR703N and OpenWRT as a relay for my wireless portion of the project, with much more success.

If I ever come back to the CC3000, I'll post my progress here.

fmbfla

Post by fmbfla »

ARRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr, this is one reason I don't like buying first-run hardware.
I am back to using the Ethernet shield...............................

fmbfla

Post by fmbfla »

see my posts on Tweeting and Wunderground

vdhart

Post by vdhart »

That is nice if you can, but I can not use cable connected ethernet from the garden to my hobby room! So what is the alternative to the Adafruit WiFi shield?

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

This guy is using UDP. I guess I don't understand what the big problem is. UDP is easy.
http://www.openhomeautomation.net/wirel ... uino-wifi/

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”