Adjustable Angle Support Strength

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
PAKring

Adjustable Angle Support Strength

Post by PAKring »

Hi - I'm looking to build a few small demo structures out of aluminum extrusions and I am curious as to how strong the Adjustable Angle Supports for the 20x20mm extrusions are. I see in the product info that it warns against the amount of torque placed on the part, but I was wondering if I could get an answer as to exactly how much is "a lot of torque".

Essentially, for one demo unit I'm hoping to buy two 2ft sections, cut 6" off each to use as feet/supports, and have the remaining 18" sections sticking into the air and joined by some DIN rail or other mounting hardware. I'll then mount some electronics on the DIN rail, such as demo PLC's or things of that nature. So it's basically a ladder with "feet" to keep it upright and hardware mounted on the rungs. I'd estimate 2 rungs per unit with a maximum of about 10 pounds being on each rung. Will the Adjustable Angle Supports to join the upright sections and the "feet" sections be able to hold the unit upright without it hinging and falling over?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Adjustable Angle Support Strength

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

No. I think what you want is some T plates: http://www.adafruit.com/products/1219

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”