Bluetooth 4.0 CSR Dongle Chinese CDROM

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
hiduino

Bluetooth 4.0 CSR Dongle Chinese CDROM

Post by hiduino »

I am trying to install the CDROM under Windows XP SP3, but it is all in Chinese. Do you have an English version installation CDROM?

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Bluetooth 4.0 CSR Dongle Chinese CDROM

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Must.. resist.. temptation.. to.. reply.. in.. Mandarin.. ;-)

I'll check and see if it's easier to send you just the CD or a whole new dongle/OS set. Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread, and they'll help you.

gseavey

Post by gseavey »

adafruit_support_mike wrote:Must.. resist.. temptation.. to.. reply.. in.. Mandarin.. ;-)

I'll check and see if it's easier to send you just the CD or a whole new dongle/OS set. Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread, and they'll help you.
Really... You don't have an ISO layin around somewhere? Why is it so difficult to find these drivers? Guess I just need to learn Mandarin :roll:

adafruit_support_mike

We're an Open Hardware and Open Source Software company, but not all of our suppliers are. We don't necessarily agree with them, but we respect their way of doing business the way we want them to respect ours.

Did you get stuck with a Chinese version of the CD too?

gseavey

Post by gseavey »

adafruit_support_mike wrote:Did you get stuck with a Chinese version of the CD too?
Yes... Yes I did. :cry:

adafruit_support_mike

Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and they'll get you a replacement.

gseavey

Post by gseavey »

Thank you Mike.

My response from that address (back on Dec 22) was "thanks for the note, we will try to locate additional files from the supplier." Wow that's great. :shock:

adafruit_support_mike

Hmm..

This year's Christmas rush was the biggest we've ever seen, so there may not have been a free body to deal with the issue at that moment. I'll have them send you a completely new one.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

gseavey wrote:Thank you Mike. My response from that address (back on Dec 22) was "thanks for the note, we will try to locate additional files from the supplier." Wow that's great. :shock:
sorry for the delay, we are no longer including the CD that came from the manufacturer (it's not needed and it's in chinese as you noted) the drivers are not needed since they're included in win/mac.

after plugging it in to Windows XP SP3 we can walk you through setting it up, please post a screenshot of your device manager after plugging it in.

"Drivers for CSR Bluetooth modules are built into Windows XP/7/8 so you do not need to install any software or download anything: other bluetooth drivers or 'stacks' such as BlueSoleil are not as good as the Windows stack and will cause problems. Just plug it in and let windows auto-install the BT driver!"

http://www.adafruit.com/products/1327#Description
Win XP SP2 MIT.png
Win XP SP2 MIT.png (246.27 KiB) Viewed 342 times
thanks,
adafruit support

gseavey

Post by gseavey »

Let me start by apologizing for the attitude. :oops:

I was attempting to get the EZ-Link to connect my PC to a Mega that was controlling my Xmas lighting. I thought it an inexpensive and convenient solution. (It's purpose was to keep the control panel outside and the PC inside without a cable thru the window or PC in-a-box)

It worked great for about 15 min, then the com port shut down due to inactivity. I unplugged and replugged the dongle, which Windoze recognized and listed the port again, but the Arduino IDE did not. Even after a restart of the IDE. It would recognize the port designated as input but not the output port. It would only recognize the port again if the EZ-Link was removed from the Bluetooth devices list and paired, again. Then it would time out again. Frustrating very frustrating! My hopes were that the driver disc would have specific updated drivers that an old XP machine would not have. You would not believe the chill that ran down my spine when I read that the windows stack was better than a third party's.

I know now that starting my Xmas light show in August was too late. I will start 2014's show Jan 2

Thank you for the assistance and Happy New Year!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”