Simple RF M4 Receiver not working right

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
deets

Simple RF M4 Receiver not working right

Post by deets »

I have the Simple RF M4 Receiver - momentary type. I have it connected to a 9 volt adapter with a LED connected to the first output (see attached picture). As soon as power is applied the LED lights up. It's my understanding that it should only light up when the button is pushed. Can anyone tell me if I hooked it up incorrectly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
DSCN3769-2.jpg
DSCN3769-2.jpg (141.66 KiB) Viewed 260 times

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Simple RF M4 Receiver not working right

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I can't really see your connections to the barrel jack. But assuming that the green wire is ground, that looks correct. Make sure that your 9v adapter is a DC adapter.

What happens when you do press the button? What happens if you connect the led to the other output pins?

deets

Post by deets »

Thank for the reply. Yes, green is the ground.

Now this thing is really acting funny. I plugged it into a 5 volt connection - off a Raspberry Pi. With the LED connected to the first output I can get it to light with 3 of the buttons A - C. The D button does nothing. When the button A is pressed it has a ~1 second delay and the then lights and stays light for ~1 second after the button is released. Both B and C buttons light the LED for about a half a second only and usually not as bright.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Sounds like it is not working properly. If you contact [email protected] with a link to this thread we can send you a replacement.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”