Availability of raw Bluefruit module?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jasonwebb

Availability of raw Bluefruit module?

Post by jasonwebb »

I'm extremely impressed by the Bluefruit breakout boards that are available (EZ-Key and EZ-Link), but I'd really like to purchase the raw Bluefruit module, not soldered to any board. it looks like it might be in the same physical package as the classic HC-05/06 and HM-10 modules, albeit with a different pin mapping. I'd love to use the Bluefruit module in custom PCB projects of my own, if they were available.

Are there any plans to offer the raw Bluefruit module in the store? If not, I'd like to express my interest as a customer - I would definitely buy them up!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Availability of raw Bluefruit module?

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I don't know of any plans to offer the raw bluetooth module in the store, but I'll pass the suggestion along to the products team. Thanks for mentioning it!

JonnyPhenomenon

Post by JonnyPhenomenon »

Hi there, I would also like to know if one could purchase the bare bluetooth module. I really want to use this device to convert an old mechanical keyboard into Bluetooth, and was exited to see this EZ key looked like it might really simplify my process.

After spending bit of time eagerly exploring the EZ-Key, you can imagine I was pretty bummed out when I realized it only supported 12 keys... :(

So maybe make another breakout type of board for it with more options for inputs? (Rows and columns)

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The EZ-Key can send multiple keystrokes, and people have used that for matrix connections.. 1/A, 1/B, 3/A, etc.

We also have the EZ-Link which is a full-scale wireless serial port: http://www.adafruit.com/products/1588

If you just need the bluetooth hardware, there are plenty of devices at Mouser and Digikey.

jasonwebb

Post by jasonwebb »

While there are plenty of devices on Mouser/Digikey/DealExtreme (such as the HC-05/06, HM-10, etc), very few do BLE4, and they all suck to use :P The Bluefruit module seems to be the first that actually may make some sense and has the potential for human-readable documentation, as well as the support of a company that engineers love :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”