CC3000 and security modes

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
glauco.b

CC3000 and security modes

Post by glauco.b »

Hello all,

I have just purchased a CC3000 shield and started using it. Just did a simple configuration of the buildtest sketch, but it does not connect to my AP.

The AP uses a WPA auth schema with TKIP encryption, so I configured the CC3000 accordingly. I have noticed that the encryption algorithm cannot be specified, only the auth schema. The board finds the SSID just fine, starts the association, but then times out. I also tried to change the timeout constant in the library code but the module times out anyway.

Looking in the TI forum, it seems that the WPA/TKIP couple is giving troubles also to other users. A user there said he was using the wlan_connect method instead of the simple config. Don't know exactly what this means.

I cannot change this as the AP is not mine (and I can't change it either).

Do you have any hint for me to debug what's actually happening behind the scenes?

adafruit

Re: CC3000 and security modes

Post by adafruit »

we use wlan_connect behind the scenes as well - it could be TKIP just isnt supported well. we have no control over how the CC3K connects to an AP, its completely done inside the module, we just pass in the name and password.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”