Bluefruit EZ-Link with Bluetooth 4.0 USB Module

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
AlexMay

Bluefruit EZ-Link with Bluetooth 4.0 USB Module

Post by AlexMay »

I purchased a Bluefruit EZ-Link and a Bluetooth 4.0 USB Module (on February 17) and I have not yet been able to get them to pair properly while tinkering with them.

When adding the new device, the EZ-Link appears as "Adafruit EZ-Link 01b0" but after the "successfully added" message, the device is grayed out and not responsive. The hardware tab has no listings. The bluetooth tab has a lot of "unavailables", but reports that the device is "currently connected" (only when appropriate), and the unique identifier is "00:18:96:b0:01:b0".

Is this a member of the bad batch?

I soldered on the JST connector and tested it with a 150mAh battery with the same results (other attempts have been breadboarded, connected to an Arduino Pro Mini, and connected to an Arduino Uno).

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Bluefruit EZ-Link with Bluetooth 4.0 USB Module

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The bad batch report an ID of 3f5a, so it isn't that..

Do you have any other Bluetooth devices that can test the connection to the EZ-Link? As things stand now, we have one problem and two devices that are candidates for causing it.

AlexMay

Post by AlexMay »

I left my EZ-Link at work over the weekend. I'll try to test it with my bluetooth-ready laptop tonight.

AlexMay

Post by AlexMay »

My EZ-Link worked with my laptop's embedded bluetooth. I just did a quick loop-back test by connecting RX to TX. I guess that my issue is with the Bluetooth USB Module? The computers I have been using the module with have both been Dell XPS8300's running Windows 7 Home Premium.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Sorry for the late reply..

It does sound like you're seeing a problem with the bluetooth adapter. Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and the folks there will get you a replacement.

AlexMay

Post by AlexMay »

Thank you very much!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”