ADS1015 12-Bit ADC question

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
stocke

ADS1015 12-Bit ADC question

Post by stocke »

I'm looking at the ADS1015 12-Bit ADC http://www.adafruit.com/products/1083#Description
I need to measure three analog voltages that range roughly from 3 - 4 volts, I'm a little confused about how I would work with this, it say it can multiply voltage up to 16x, but how do you set the voltage range you want to boost (or is it boosting the entire range). Also it say 4 single ended channels, so does that mean I can measure all 3 signals with one of these?

Thanks

adafruit_support_mike

Re: ADS1015 12-Bit ADC question

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The ADS1015 has a multiplexer that selects the pins it will use as input. It can measure four separate voltages relative to GND, and the library makes that fairly easy (just call readADC_SingleEnded() with the number of the channel you want to read).

I'd say ignore the internal prescaler for now. For single-ended readings, prescaling means you get finer-resolution readings at the cost of smaller input range. Since you need to measure voltages between 3v and 4v, you'll want enough range to reach those levels. The default range set by the Adafruit library will work.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”