Mega 2560: CC3000 v1.1 Breakout + External SD Card

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
darkriver

Mega 2560: CC3000 v1.1 Breakout + External SD Card

Post by darkriver »

Hi folks,

I have a CC3000 running buildtest just fine, but as soon as I wire up an SD card shield (I have tried three different ones) the CC3000 won't initialize anymore and it just hangs.

I use CS 53 for the SD card and CS D10 for the CC3000 breakout.

If I simply disconnect the SD card pins from the breadboard (but leave the SD code in place) the CC3000 will initialize just fine. If I run the standalone SD card code with the CC3000 connected the SD card works fine.

I have also tried with both the standard SD library as well as SDFat. Both work when the SD card is connected by itself as well as when the CC3000 is connected.

What could I be doing wrong that is preventing the CC3000 to initialize? As mentioned in the subject line, it is the v1.1 version of the CC3000 which is specifically designed to allow multiple SPI devices.

Let me know if you have any ideas, all sample code is just straight from the Arduino IDE + Adafruit's examples with CS changed as described.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Mega 2560: CC3000 v1.1 Breakout + External SD Card

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

If you post photos of the front & back of the shields, we will take a look for any assembly issues.

Does the problem exist if the SD shield is installed, but not referenced in your code?

darkriver

Re: Mega 2560: CC3000 v1.1 Breakout + External SD Card

Post by darkriver »

Yep. The problem is there if there is a physical connection to the SD shield, if the SD code is left in the CC3000 will initialize providing there is no physical connection to the SD shield. I have tried a few different SD shields (that work fine with the CC3000 connected) but I can take a picture of the CC3000 when I get back.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”