BlueFruit EZ-link not in sync error

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
prabbit

BlueFruit EZ-link not in sync error

Post by prabbit »

Hello-

I've got 2 Bluefruit EZ-link modules. One of them works fine, but the other gives a "not in sync" error when trying to program my Arduino. Occassionally it will program the Arduino the first time of the day, but after that it won't program. The serial monitor over the EZ-link works fine. I suspect it's a DTR issue because it works for serial monitor but not for programming, and a temperature/ voltage regulator problem because it occassionally works for first time, but not after that. My 2nd Bluefruit EZ-link works just fine.

There are a number of other forum posts about this:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=51159&p=258233&hil ... nc#p258233
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53708&p=271491&hil ... nc#p271491
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=55366&hilit=bluefr ... c&start=30

and in many cases adafruit replaces the EZ-link. This seems to be a recurring issue with bad EZ-link devices. Hopefully there is an improvement in the works for future reliability.

Aside from asking for a replacement, is there anything else to try? It seems like the unit is bad, because if I switch to the other EZ-link it programs just fine every time.

Thanks.

Franklin97355

Re: BlueFruit EZ-link not in sync error

Post by Franklin97355 »

We're sorry for your problems. The tech staff are always looking for ways to improve our products and appreciate your input. Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement EZ-link.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”