Simple 315 MHz receiver with no pins?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
McSummation

Simple 315 MHz receiver with no pins?

Post by McSummation »

I am building a project which will use the 315 MHz momentary receiver in a box. I am looking at the "Small Plastic Project Enclosure - Weatherproof with Clear Top PRODUCT ID: 903 "; however, the case is not tall enough for the receiver to stand up on a proto shield. I need a receiver with the pins at right angles to the board. Do you have a source for the boards with no pins installed?

Franklin97355

Re: Simple 315 MHz receiver with no pins?

Post by Franklin97355 »

Sorry, they come with pins. You could solder wires to the pins or remove the pins and install straight ones. I'd go for the wires so you could position the receiver as you need.

McSummation

Re: Simple 315 MHz receiver with no pins?

Post by McSummation »

I was afraid that's what the answer would be. :-) When I build the soldered up circuit, I'll see how much space I have and bend/replace the pins as appropriate.

I've still got to determine if the RTC on the data logger shield is accurate enough for my needs or if I'll need to use a Chronodot for timing. That will determine whether I use the data logger or proto shield. (My project has an RTC, SD card, radio receiver, and sub-miniature relay, being run by a Uno.)

Thanks for the quick response.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”