FONA Tutorial Error?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
boerner

FONA Tutorial Error?

Post by boerner »

Hello,

I just received my FONA today and was wiring up an Arduino Uno as indicated here:

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fon ... duino-test

I believe the photo of the wiring between the example Arduino and the FONA on the breadboard is missing the wire from digital pin 4 to RST on the FONA. The connection is called out in the text, but the wire is missing from the photo.

Thanks

tinkeringtech

Re: FONA Tutorial Error?

Post by tinkeringtech »

Boerner,
Good catch. I have been playing around with the FONA too, and did not notice that since I did not really look closely at the pic.
BTW, if using with the Arduino Mega, I don't think that pins 1 & 2 can be used for TX/RX (Software Serial). I tried it. The pins have to support change interrupts.
http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/SoftwareSeria

- Not all pins on the Mega and Mega 2560 support change interrupts, so only the following can be used for RX: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 50, 51, 52, 53, A8 (62), A9 (63), A10 (64), A11 (65), A12 (66), A13 (67), A14 (68), A15 (69).

Similar for the Leonardo
- Not all pins on the Leonardo support change interrupts, so only the following can be used for RX: 8, 9, 10, 11, 14 (MISO), 15 (SCK), 16 (MOSI).

tinkeringtech

Re: FONA Tutorial Error?

Post by tinkeringtech »

keyless wrote:Hi guys, i got just now a brand new Fona GSM....i have a question:

What's the limit of power connection replacing battery?

I dont' want to connect a battery....i want to connect a power connection....but....3.7V to 4.....or 5.... max?

thank you for answer
keyless,
You really should post your question on a new thread so that it will get the attention it needs :) This thread is not power related.
Take a look at this. It may answer your question.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=56561&p=287539&hilit=fona#p287539

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”