Onion TOR Pi AP connection issue

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Reactor

Onion TOR Pi AP connection issue

Post by Reactor »

through setup all was fine until connecting to AP, did some research nothing notable to resolve this issue and the connecting device is known to be working correctly Win 7 wlan Atheros AR9285

debug out:

wlan0: STA "MAC Address" WPA: received EAPOL-Key 2/4 Pairwise with unexpected replay counter
rtl871x_set_key_ops
wlan0: AP-STA-CONNECTED "MAC Address"
wlan0: STA "MAC Address" RADIUS: starting accounting session 53C75E2D-00000007
wlan0: STA "MAC Address" WPA: pairwise key handshake completed (RSN)
wlan0: STA "MAC Address" WPA: received EAPOL-Key 2/4 Pairwise with unexpected replay counter
wlan0: STA "MAC Address" WPA: received EAPOL-Key 4/4 Pairwise with unexpected replay counter
wlan0: STA "MAC Address" WPA: received EAPOL-Key 2/2 Group with unexpected replay counter
+rtl871x_send_eapol
+rtl871x_send_eapol
+rtl871x_send_eapol
+rtl871x_send_eapol
rtl871x_set_key_ops
+rtl871x_sta_deauth_ops, "MAC Address" is deauth, reason=2
rtl871x_set_key_ops
wlan0: STA "MAC Address" IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request
+rtl871x_sta_remove_ops, "MAC Address" is sta address removed
wlan0: STA "MAC Address" IEEE 802.11: disassociated
+rtl871x_get_sta_wpaie, "MAC Address" is sta's address
wlan0: STA "MAC Address" IEEE 802.11: associated
rtl871x_set_key_ops
rtl871x_set_key_ops
+rtl871x_send_eapol
+rtl871x_send_eapol

Side note: initially i did get INVALID ARGUMENT warning from hostapd but I compiled the adapter driver from the info on http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... 16#p240781
and then after it was fine, before changing anything for the install raspbian was perfectly fine connecting via the wifi adapter to any wifi network. luckily in bootup before any mods the wlan0 was identified as Realtek 00e004c000001 which after some research was found to be the RTL81xx series adapter. although technically its a WNA1000M Netgear which on https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Netgear_WNA1000M says "WI1 chip1: Realtek RTL8188CUS" so the directions for the compile of the driver should be correct for this adapter.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Onion TOR Pi AP connection issue

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The EAPOL warnings look like something wonky in the security handshake process. Check your wlan settings to make sure the RasPi is using the same encryption method (WPA-PSK, WPA2) as the router.

Reactor

Post by Reactor »

OK I got it working turns out I had to Create a completely new hostapd file and change some of the config files as well. my source for the info needed is http://blog.sip2serve.com/post/48420162 ... cess-point .
I was then able to continue.

I started with trying to adjust the security type and protocol to no avail then found that a deeper cause might be the hostapd. thanks for kind of pointing me in the right direction.

Hostapd.conf now reads as

interface=wlan0
bridge=br0
driver=rtl871xdrv
country_code=US
ctrl_interface=wlan0
ctrl_interface_group=0
ssid="SSID"
hw_mode=g
channel=1
wpa=3
wpa_passphrase="Password"
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_pairwise=TKIP
rsn_pairwise=CCMP
beacon_int=100
auth_algs=3
macaddr_acl=0
wmm_enabled=1
eap_reauth_period=360000000

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Glad to hear you got it working. ;-)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”