Steps to make the Fingerprint scanner work?

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MJU

Steps to make the Fingerprint scanner work?

Post by MJU »

I’ve read the datasheet for the Adafruit fingerprint scanner a few times.
But I don’t find the right order in which the communication works between the MCU and the device.

English (nor Chinese) is my native language, so I hope someone can help me before I order them.

My goal is to make a system with a few fingerprint scanners to grant or deny access to a building.
I know people at Adafruit are in love with Arduino but I use both AVR as PIC (or do I swear) as a beginner. 

What I found is that:
- I need to collect data from a finger from the window with the “GenImg” command.
- After that I need to store this image in an imagebuffer with “Img2Tz”.
- Now I need to do the above the second time while store the second image in the second buffer.
- According to me after these steps I need to combine the two images to a “template” with the "RegModel" command.
**** It seems I can check these both images with the “Match” command (but why should I ?).. ***
- Now I need to store this “template” (is it, at this moment, the same in buffer 1 and 2 after the regmodel?), into the flash library @ a certain place. This is done with the “Store” command.

To me it seems that these steps are the ones I need to generate a new finger image that I can use to grant access?

Before all these I will change the module address because I need to hook up more than one scanner (with the “SetAdder” command).

Now I want to check back if the finger that is presented to the scanner is in my user database (the flash library).
- Again I need to collect a finger from the window with the “GenImg” command.
- After a “Search” command with a positive result (confirmation code = 00H) I can see which number of page in the library it was found (and the certainty with the matchscore).

Are these steps right? Am I’m missing something?

These are basic steps but I need to know if I forgot something to make it work?
Is there somebody that can (fast) check if this is gonna work?

Any help is welcome!

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Steps to make the Fingerprint scanner work?

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Your enroll procedure looks right.
MJU wrote:Now I want to check back if the finger that is presented to the scanner is in my user database (the flash library).
- After a “Search” command with a positive result (confirmation code = 00H) I can see which number of page in the library it was found (and the certainty with the matchscore).
After you get the image, you need do image2tz before doing the search

MJU

Post by MJU »

adafruit_support_rick wrote:Your enroll procedure looks right.
MJU wrote:Now I want to check back if the finger that is presented to the scanner is in my user database (the flash library).
After you get the image, you need do image2tz before doing the search
Hey, thank you!
So I assume that the rest of the commands are OK?

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Looks right. You can refer to our Arduino example programs for the correct sequence, if you have problems.
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Fi ... or-Library

MJU

Post by MJU »

adafruit_support_rick wrote:Looks right. You can refer to our Arduino example programs for the correct sequence, if you have problems.
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Fi ... or-Library
I'm not to good in "code".
I use a program called Flowcode to generate code.

Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”