Arcade Joystick Question

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
casmithy

Arcade Joystick Question

Post by casmithy »

I recently ordered a couple of the small arcade joysticks, and I love them! Sadly, there isn't much information pertaining to them. I would really like to know what thread size the ball top is.

I noticed this post http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=49606 about you guys thinking the gate was possibly Sanwa compatible, does this also mean you think the ball top thread size may be the same as Sanwa ball tops? (I think Sanwas use 6mm?)

adafruit2

Re: Arcade Joystick Question

Post by adafruit2 »

boy, we have no idea. but do let us know if you figure it out, and we'll update the product docs :)

casmithy

Post by casmithy »

Thanks for the reply!

I'll be ordering a few Sanwa ball tops soon as they are fairly inexpensive on BANNED and will definitely let you guys know if they fit. Hopefully it may help someone else down the road.

casmithy

Post by casmithy »

To follow up on this, Sanwa ball tops meant for their JLF series sticks (such as the LB-35) fit perfectly on the Adafruit Small Arcade Joystick! These are 6mm threads, and I think some other companies, such as Semitsu, use the same thread size on a lot of their products.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Thank you - I'll update the product page with these details!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”